Friday, August 9, 2013

Love my Grandpa Bill! :)


My Grandpa Bill passed away a couple weeks ago and we are so sad.  But, I am thankful he isnt in any more pain.  He was a wonderful man and loved people well.  He helped people through AA and supported many who needed help.  He constantly asked about Andrew and Leah which always made my heart so happy.  They knew and I knew he truly loved them.  I had been buying his groceries for the past 6 months and what a wonderful blessing that was!  I got to see and talk to him every week. Sometimes I even had lunch with him.  :)

Each time I went to see him, he would ask what he could buy the kids.  I would always say, nothing, they have plenty.  Well, if you knew Grandpa, he would eventually tell you what to do.  I told him I wanted to get these Pottery Barn chairs, but they were expensive, but he said, whatever, I dont care.  So, I waited and waited for them to put out a coupon and they finally did.  So, I ordered them and they arrived the day before he passed.  Now, every time my kids use these chairs, I think of him.  They use them all the time and it is so cool knowing that he bought them for them.

He went with me to the grocery store about a month before he passed and that was a trip I will never forget.  He cruised around in the motor cart, almost running me over 3 times.  We laughed and had a great time just the two of us.

Here a few photos of us with Grandpa Bill:


He even came to the Nicu to see Drew.  :)

Grandpa played this with Drew almost every time we saw him.  Drew loved it!



 He always told me she was the most beautiful baby. :)


Being silly with Leah, sticking her tongue out.



 Family Christmas with Santa.  Grandpa insisted we have one every year.  What fun times! :)

My Grandpa is cool. :)




He drove down to College Station for my graduation at age 83.  Pretty cool he loved me that much! :)


We love and miss you Grandpa Bill!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment