Friday, April 6, 2012

Thank you for your son...thank you for your sacrifice!

Jesus dying on the cross absolutely blows me away! I can not imagine giving my child over to be to be mocked and die for someone else. That would devastating to the least! Honestly, I do not think I could do it. The Lord loves me that much to give his only son to die for me, which many people believe to be unbelieveable. But I know through the comfort, peace, and pure freedom HE has given me in great times and in awful times, it is true. This all brings to mind:

Ephesians 3:
16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.


Through this passage, there is so much to be learned:

-Things to do...have faith, be rooted and established in love, be with other believers, be filled with the fullness of God

-Things that HE did...gave Jesus over to die for me and cover my sin

-Things He will do...strengthen me with power through his Spirit, dwell in my heart, love me more than anyone else, fill me with the fullness of God


I just want to be worthy to stand before the Father at the end of my time on Earth. I could never do this alone, but will be able to because of JESUS CHRIST! Nothing on my own will allow me to enter Heaven, only through God's only son can I stand before Gos and be without sin. Thank you for your son...thank you for your sacrifice.

One last passage I was reading this morning (while my boys slept and Leah was cooing and talking)that really made me remember and be brought back to a place of humility :)

Colossians 1:

The Supremacy of the Son of God
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of[g] your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation— 23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.


Lord, my heart is absolutely overwhelmed by the love You have for me...I am nothing special...I am just like everyone else...a sinner who is selfish and in need of a Savior. Thank you for your son, who covers me and loves me.

I am posting pictures of my children because it is a reminder to me of what God gave up for me...



I am so thankful for my children and praise Him for entrusting me to be their mom here on Earth. I must remember, they are on loan to me. What a gift! I am so thankful that Jesus paid the price for my children too! I pray that Aaron and I can be good examples and show our children the way to Jesus! :)

Thank you for your son...thank you for your sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment